Tuesday 3 January 2012

First finish for 2012



George's quilt! using Fox Trails by Doohickey designs.

 I made a snail trail quilt in coffee and cream for George's big sister Lara when she was born, this time I was able to wait until George was here to decide on what to make.  Congratulations mum and dad, and the doting grandparents as well!

Lara's quilt

Qwilt has been keeping me occupied on top of Christmas, New Year and birthdays for my husband and big son.  It's hard to believe that he is now 21.  He has graduated from uni, got himself a good job and still happily hugs his mum!  Gotta be proud.  My daughter has also got herself a new job in the Hunter and has moved back home.  Me, i've got a week of my day job left and the task of packing up our second home and trying to fit it all into one house.  I think we will be dodging boxes and excess furniture for a while yet.  I'm planning on putting some of the furniture from Tamworth on Gumtrees (Aussie trading post) so will see how that goes.  If anyone is chasing a 1930's Jarvie lounge suite, let me know!

Christmas was lovely with all the kids home in time for dinner with in-laws, in-laws of in-laws and others.  A relaxing day, not too hot, lots of food, pressies and good company.  Instead of celebrating New Years at night, as all the kids had gone in different directions, we spent the afternoon at the wineries, picking up a lovely sparkling Semillon from Bimbadgen wines to bring in 2012, as well as some still wines and stickies for later, yum..

Lots of customer quilts coming through as well



Australian Wildflowers are popular at the moment, beautiful quilts I quilted with Flannel Flowers and Waratahs.

Roses on roses (not a good photo)


Wildflowers on a sampler

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous 2012!








No comments:

Post a Comment