Tuesday 26 June 2012

It's Tuesday already??


Where does the time go??  The weeks have flown by again without me noticing, but I have a couple of things to show for it, these are my quilts...



First up, this is the body of Amanda's quilt,  I have selected the border fabrics but not cut or sewn them up yet - goal to finish - July 10th

Spinning Citrus - finally finished and now for sale, just love how this one turned out.



And finally, Jessie's quilt.  A disappearing 9 patch for my teenage niece's birthday later this week.  I loved making this with my sister in law Cheryl and the colours are just so bright and vibrant.  And we purchased nothing - just raided my stash, especially some 'Oops a Daisy' and Kona solids.  Apart from binding, this quilt took 24 hours, Cheryl cutting and pressing, me sewing then quilting, I stopped quilting at 10pm and finished it first thing in the morning.  Just need to do her brothers quilts now.


I've also been having a bit of a play with my new procion mx dyes, the border of Jessie's quilt is the first of my hand dyes used in a quilt.  Watch this space for more hand dye news once I have caught up on my customer quilts.

Cheers
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment