Saturday 18 February 2012

Now that's a haircut



Have had the last couple of days away from the machine at my son's swimming carnival.  It's not a carnival - it's a festival!  From war cry competitions to swimming and fund raising and catching up with friends.  It is one of the great annual events at school.  This year, Year 12 are rallying to one of their own who is undergoing treatment for his second cancer diagnosis.  Now this is a private school and there are strict hair regulations - prefects even stricter - but for a very good cause!  The boys raised over $2200.00 by shaving heads and even WAXING MY SON'S CHEST!  I had to do 2 chemist runs for numbing cream, pain relief and rash cream.




Max assures me the redness has now gone and he is fine!  Buddy, I'm so proud of you!  (eat more, we can count your ribs)





1 comment:

  1. Oh my word!!!! What a change - you can tell him I am really proud of him too! Ouch - can't believe he managed to chest wax! but what wonderful guys to be supporting their fellow student like that! That is one special school community!

    ReplyDelete