Wednesday 4 May 2011

Getting there

Wow, a busy couple of weeks!  With dislocated elbows, moving into first flats, driving lessons - and that's just the kids.  Work is very busy but I still have been finding the time to stitch!  I have quilted my white on white cushion cover and am now in the process of 'painting' it.  I buy the paint but when I get home I decide I should have a different colour, it's like building the stash but now with paint!  I have also bitten the bullet and started 'Gidget' a design by Monica Poole of Moon Shine designs ( http://www.moonshine-designs.com/ )- I have had the pattern for ages but spotted the perfect fabric in Sydney.  There is a lot more in this quilt than I expected, but having fun doing lots of hand work, if only I hadn't started appliqueing onto the backing fabric, not the background fabric.  Some reverse sewing and I'm now back on track.  My goals for this week include quilting another baby quilt, 2 more colours on the cushion cover and at least half of the 2nd border completed on Gidget.  Oh and some housework (maybe - hehe). And I've got my featherweight back, so will need to put some time aside for a play....

Pinning the frame on then with the first border
J
Green and gold paint


Sewing the bias strips by hand, I love this background fabric.



1 comment:

  1. These piece's colors are vibrant but still delicate looking...I really like the brightly colored paint against the white quilted background...My Best, joni

    ReplyDelete