Saturday 14 May 2011

Winter is early

Well, the fires' been lit, it's cold and windy outside and perfect for quilting.  My background fabric hasn't arrived yet, but my order has been located and is in the mail on Monday!  I'm continuing with the hand applique on border 2 of Gidget, and plodding along with the painting.  And i've made some ATC's for a SCQATC swap on my Featherweight.


The theme is rainbow and I am 'blue'.  Yeh, I had a couple of blue fabrics in the stash, pity I didn't buy more thread for the satin stitch binding.  I made some fabric paper flowers as my embellishment and highlighted with yellow gold and dark blue. 

So I'm back to painting and thinking about my next journal quilt - Canada/Silver Star maybe?  Painted? Fabric paper applique? Maybe a map to my brothers house?  Hmmm.. 

1 comment: