Saturday 2 July 2011

Quilt Show and a new toy

Last weekend I went to the Sydney Quilt Show.  Wow! my congratulations to every entrant and especially to the winners. We spent so much time examing every quilt and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.  There are so many talented people out there.  We saved some time for the marketplace and bought lots of fabrics, some new scissors, gadgets and books.  I was very pleased to get a signed (by Brenda Gael Smith) copy of Twelve by Twelve.  A group of inspirational women across the globe, check out their website http://www.twelveby12.org/.  Also had a lovely chat with Michelle Hill at the Pfaff stand and checked out the Quilt Expression 4.0.  After getting a quote at the show I then placed my order through Busy Needles in Singleton and it has now arrived.  Hubby has it in his vehicle as I write this and it should be on my sewing table around 7pm tonight.  In anticipation this week I also bought an open toe free motion foot, 1/4 foot with guide and extra needles.  I am spending today getting things up to date around the house and some sewing prepared so that as soon as it is unpacked I am ready to go.  The day is just dragging though.  My faithful old Janome 4000 is really struggling at the moment and will be serviced and donated to someone appropriate.  This machine has been an absolute workhorse and not missed a beat, I will miss it but keep the memories we have created together.

Accomplishments this last week or so include, sending off my Zentangles ATC's; working on my second Journal quilt, Ireland, just need to add some satin stitch to highlight the Celtic style, and finished the 2nd and 3rd sides of the 2nd border of Gidget, and reading Twelve by Twelve cover to cover.  My goals for the upcoming week include finishing IRELAND, finishing GIDGET and completing a denim quilt for my daughter. 

Rainbow ATC's

Quilt Show purchases

Ireland, just needing some satin stitch



No comments:

Post a Comment